Center for Disease Control and Prevention
CDC Vision for the 21st Century
“Healthy People in a Healthy World—Through Prevention”
Collaborating to create the expertise, information, and tools that people and communities need to protect their health – through health promotion, prevention of disease, injury and disability, and preparedness for new threats.
- monitor health,
- detect and investigate health problems,
- conduct research to enhance prevention,
- develop and advocate sound public health policies,
- implement prevention strategies,
- promote healthy behaviors,
- foster safe and healthful environments,
- provide leadership and training.
CDC Core Values
- No upcoming events available